Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pre-game, Post-game music choices.

Bonjour!
Just sitting here wondering what athletes listen to before and after games and activities.
I am not personally a fan of "main stream" music, but right now I cannot get enough of Rihanna's "You Da One."  I don't know what it is about this song, but it pumps me right up! Recently, in HBO's 24/7 The Road To The Winter Classic, the Philadelphia Flyers have shared what their post game winning jam is. Knock Knock by Mac Miller is what the team rocks out to after a "W".

The question that I am thinking of, is this more of a preference or has it become a post game ritual?

The Washington Capitals have chosen a different approach on post-game wins. Their winning tune is Pauly D's, Beat That Beat. Which I personally find hilarious. They all fist pump in the locker room after a win to this track.

From experience of being on a sports team, having a pre-game ritual or a post game music choice, can be the difference between having the best game of your season, to one of the worst.

I went to sunshine snowboarding yesterday, and its a completely different day if you have your headphones in or not. You get super amped up in the gondola on the ride up. The second your off the chair lift, and strapped in, the perfect song comes on your play list and your just cruising. I don't know how to really describe the feeling of it, but its like nothing else.



3 comments:

  1. I'm all about the tunes when I snowboard, couldn't run a hill hard enough without the perfect playlist. I got the Jersey Shore Soundtrack from a buddy 2 Christmas' ago and vouch for the Capital's because there is nothing like a Pauly D classic. Yes it is the most ridiculous song ever put onto a CD, but I started a road trip with it and everyone driving next to me loved the open window fist pumping, even got a few to join in. Love the post, I can totally relate with the build up on the gondola to the perfect song coming on just in time for you to tear it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha!! I gotta agree with you too, it's a great song to celebrate or get pumped to.
    Glad you can relate :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being a country boy, I got a weird taste in music when working out. Each day when working on a different body part I choose a different genre of music/artist to listen to. Personally Mondays (leg and core days) I have to listen to Tech n9ne to keep myself motivated because I hate leg days! Tuesdays (Chest and Biceps) and Thursdays (Back and Triceps) I have a mixture of country/top 40 music to keep me chill because they are my favorite body parts to work on. Being my favorite body parts to work on I don't need too much of a pump up song to keep myself going. Wednesdays being my core and cardio day I listen to country to keep me relaxed during 30 mins of rowing and watch a movie for 30 mins of running! Then shoulders and core is on Fridays and that all depends on what I'm doing that night/weekend when it comes to music! If I'm heading to ranchmans it's a country day, if not I'm most likely listening to a mixture of everything.

    ReplyDelete