Thursday, April 12, 2012

Champions Leauge and Bayern

Playing soccer since I was 4 years old, I have had many favorites in the soccer world. In about 2009, I started following Bayern Munich after they acquired one of my favorite players Arjen Robben, a dutch football player.

Facing Real Madrid in the semi-finals, Bayern has some hard competition in-order to claim the trophy, but they have already shown their power and should not be underestimated. In an interview with Phil Taylor, the 15-time world champion was convinced that Bayern Munich will edge Jose Mourinho's side (Real Madrid) in their semi-final tie and book a place in the final against Barcelona at their Allianz Arena home on May 19. 


Taylor went on and admired Bayern for their class, and singled out several individuals for special mention, Robben especially. He was quoted saying "I love to watch Bayern Munich," he said. "Toni Kroos is very good. I like Arjen Robben, I think he's a great player. Franck Ribery ... I think they're all great. They are a great team." 

On the other side, Barcelona faces off against Chelsea and most analysts foresee a Barcelona victory, which shall make for an electrifying final if Bayern can beat out Madrid. 







 

No comments:

Post a Comment